Annmarie.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A Million Little Pieces~OR#6

I'm very amazed at the positive turn of events that came in this section of the book. It seems that James Freys' ducks are finally starting to line up for him. One of James' fellow addicts makes this comment to him: "I'm proud of you, Kid. It seems like you're doing all the right things..."(318).
As a reader, this section of the novel was a relief. All of the nagging and fighting was causing me to lose interest in the book at an alarming exponential rate!
Thank goodness that this book has some positive aspects to it. I now believe that James has "it" in him to recover. He's starting to tell others of his dreams for a life free of drugs. Although this is a tiny step towards a hard and long life of recovery, I'm still hopeful that this novel will continue to become more positive, and hopefully create a new theme of success among the addicts at the recovery center?!
So my prediction for the closing of the novel is that James and his "frienemmies" at the Clinic will all graduate together, and will live healthy and productive lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home